Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Candy Cane Chocolate Brownies

Sorry it has been a long time between posts but l have been incredibly busy! Not that that should be an excuse.

Every Christmas we get overloaded with Candy Canes, and there are only so many you can eat. So when l saw this idea l couldn't wait to give it a try.



I made these to give them as gifts for Coopers teachers. I used my favorite Nigella Lawson Brownie Recipe.

While the brownies are cooking smash about 12 candy canes, I used the bottom of a glass.

To make the ganache you will need 200g of pure cream and 400g of chopped dark chocolate. Gently boil the cream, once boiled pour over the chocolate and whisk together until smooth.

While the brownies are still warm pour the ganache over and then sprinkle the crushed candy canes.

Leave to set for a couple of hours before cutting.

Some other news is that my website is up and running so please have a look and let me know what you think

www.bakingaddict.com.au






Enjoy!

Y x




No comments:

Post a Comment