Sunday, February 21, 2010

Awesome Banana Muffins



I love it when l see unwanted banana's in the fruit bowl, our family are quite the banana snobs. I know it sounds pathetic but we only tend to eat banana's with perfect skins, it often takes me a good ten minutes to find the perfect ones.

I stumbled across this recipe on the Cat Can Cook blog, they were simply titled "awesome banana muffins" and with 560 positive comments l couldn't wait to try them.

The muffins were delicious, and extremely light!

Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins)

3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed

1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)

1 slightly beaten egg

1/3 cup butter

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups flour

Heat oven 180'

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and butter together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 180' oven for approximately 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Yx

2 comments:

  1. They look very yummy! I might give them a go today, thanks

    I was wondering if you could share where you found those baking cups! They look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the double post - computer is playing up and had said it originally didn't send... :)

    ReplyDelete