I haven't made this cake for a while, but you could say it is always on my mind. It is by far one of my favorite recipes, the cake is simply delicious and is best when served warm. But be aware it is very morish and gobbled up very quickly, and anyone that has tasted it has always loved it. So l thought l should share it with everyone.
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175g good-quality dark or milk chocolate chips – I used the large chocolate chips if that is what you call them
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and flour a 19x11cm loaf pan.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.Mix the butter, sugar, banana, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over-mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve in thick slices with dusted with icing sugar.