Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bite Size Carrot Spice Cakes with Cream Cheese Icing

The community centre where my son's attend are having a cake stall to raise money to update their Gymnastics Room, they asked all the parents to bring something along for them to sell. So l decided to make some delicious Carrot Spice Bite Size Cakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing. I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart's, for this recipe l added some Crushed Pineapple, a Handful of sultanas and omitted the Walnuts and Coconut. I also used brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, also l used a 1/4 tsp of the following spice's freshly grounded nutmeg and cinnamon as well as some ground ginger instead of the Allspice. I found by using these spice's it gave them a bit more of a kick!

I decorated the Cakes with Lemon Cream Cheese and mini royal icing carrots.

The Cakes were a hit, and they had one lady buy 20 of them!

Enjoy!

Yx

No comments:

Post a Comment