Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Creamy Pesto Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms


I thought this was going to be a blog about just baking, but l thought why not do dinners as well! Tonight's dinner was a quick and simple but yet very tasty, I suppose you could call it a Creamy Pesto Pasta with Bacon, Mushrooms. 

There is no exact recipe l follow as it is usually a bit of this and a bit of that. Tonight l added some onion, mushrooms, bacon, broccolini, lemon, white wine,  pesto and Cream.

Fry the bacon, onion and mushrooms together until the bacon and onion are cooked. Add the broccolini, I generally just cut the top leaf bits off. Add a splash of white wine and lemon juice, then after a couple of minutes add a small container of cream and 3 tablespoon of Pesto. Stir through the cooked pasta and serve. 

I usually make this dinner when l arrive home late and the boys are hungary. I will always have these ingredients in the fridge, and has saved me many a times.

Y x

No comments:

Post a Comment