Well another day another Cupcake baked!
I have steered
away from the
Cupcake Book today and decided to make my mum some Cherry Ripe Mud Cakes as Cherry Ripe's are one of her favorites. The recipe was easy to follow and simple to make, I added double the amount of Cherry Ripe.
Cherry Ripe Mud Cakes
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 x 85g Cherry Ripe bar, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base of 9 x 1/2 cup capacity oval friand pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, coffee, water, chocolate and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir flours, egg, coconut and Cherry Ripe into chocolate mixture and mix well. Divide evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder before serving, if desired.
- Will let you know what why mum thought!